Sunday, December 5, 2010

Where u MUST eat when u come to penang..



FOOD HEAVEN..
This obviously is what Penang is known for.
Most Penangites are probably familiar with these places.

These are a few suggestions:

Roti Canai
WHERE-->ARGYLL ROAD
This is the best roti canai in Penang.
I went there a few days back with my mom. Delicious as always. My aunt keeps mentioning this roti canai banjir since the first time she was brought to the restaurant some time ago by my family.


Apom Telur
WHERE-->QUEEN STREET, mamak stall
This is not the type of apom where you eat it on its own. This is the one you eat with gravy. It will only be made once you place your order so you don't have to worry that you'll get one that's already cold. Eat it while it's hot! 


Murtabak
WHERE-->TAMAN TUN SAADON, GELUGOR
Seriously, the murtabak is excellent! Even the onion is great. It's also available during the fasting month, even a day before Raya. This definitely is my favourite. I can eat it every day!!  =)


Taukua Rendang
WHERE-->BESIDE CHOWRASTA MARKET
This is where you should go during tea time. Everytime I go somewhere near the area, I'll surely stop to buy the taukua rendang. But a reminder for those who have never been here, you'll have to wait for a very long time to get your crispy taukua rendang. So if you're like my mom, who don't like waiting, this may not be the best place for you. For me, I think it's worth the wait. =D


Ais Kacang
WHERE-->LORONG SELAMAT
It's a Chinese shop. Ais kacang with ice cream on top of it.. I like ais kacang but without the red bean. Hehe.


Nasi Kandar
WHERE-->LINE CLEAR, near Chulia Street and Penang Road junction
It's Penang. Obviously, you can find nasi kandar just about anywhere. But if you're looking for the best, Line Clear is where you should head to. Well that's my opinion. Some people may prefer nasi kandar beratur Masjid Kapitan Keling or the one in Ayer Itam.


Nasi Briyani
WHERE-->HAMEEDIYAH RESTAURANT, Campbell Street and Jelutong (there's another 1 but I'm not sure where it is)
Is nasi briyani spelt this way?? Or is it supposed to be nasi beriani?? Well however it is spelt, Hameediyah is one of the best in making nasi briyani. The taste of the rice is different from the typical taste of nasi briyani found in any other mamak resaturant. Its ayam ros is my brother's favourite. Another must try is the beef. I'm not sure what's the name of the dish but I can tell you it's delicious. Hehe. However, you might want to limit yourself from overeating the beef for the sake of your health as it is very oily. It's okay if you eat it once in a while.


Well, these are all I can think of for now. Sorry there's no picture on these places and also if the location is not specific enough for you to find. If you're not from Penang, you can just ask people on the streets. Another option?? Get a cab and ask the driver to bring you there! Hehe. 

I'll post again next time on this topic. Hopefully I could include pictures the next time! =D

1 comments:

hettynsm said...

oh yeah... then plz bring me round island and enjoy all the food heavens...u belanja ok.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...